National Kishu Club - Code of Ethics
The COE for the NAKC is currently being developed. Please check back soon.
Members of the National Kishu Club agree, first and foremost, to the club's mission statement. This is the minimum description of the club's purpose and the responsibility of all Kishu owners and enthusiasts who earn membership to this club.
Here are some bare-bones guidelines the club follows, while the Code of Ethics is being fleshed out and agreed upon.
- Agree with and abide by the mission statement.
- Agree with and abide by the constitution and bylaws.
- Must be in good standing with the American Kennel Club.
- Encourage and foster sportsmanlike and fair conduct among club members.
- Abide by the best possible standard of care available to them and their dogs.
- Do not engage in misleading or fraudulent activity.
- Maintain accurate records of their dogs, made available to puppy buyers.
- Acknowledge that they are responsible for the puppies they produce, for the lifetime of the dog. Always reclaim puppies placed, or provide adequate assistance to their puppy homes should the need for rehoming arise.
- Honor the NIPPO standard for the Kishu Ken and bring the language and essence of this standard to the American Kennel Club, through their dogs.